Hello my name is Thomas
and I am a 10+ years experienced IT support engineer who's also now a coder Padawan/>
I am working toward the Full Stack Web Developer Certification
I'm also learning Google's Go (golang) of which I've grown very fond.
I fully comitted to the #100DaysOfCode challenge, and track my daily progresses on my Twitter profile.
I attend this journey aiming to build a solid foundation to become a competent software developer.
Carrying on with the same professionalism and enthusiasm I applied throughout my whole career as an IT expert.
November 2019 - Present
- Information Technology Support Specialist at TeamLogicIT - Remote position.
- IT Support Engineer Freelance on upwork for digital nomads, social media advertising agencies...
- Docker Administration and Advanced Administration, trainings completed on Alphorm.com.
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate 2018, training completed on Udemy with acloud.guru.
2018 - 2019
2005 - 2017
I started back in 2005 as Linux System Technician, working solely on GNU/Linux Debian systems.
Up to 2008, I held various System and Network Technician positions and graduated as an Associate of Science in the field of Computer and
Networks Science. From 2008 to 2013, I served as an IT Asset Manager for Steelcase inc. And from 2015 to 2016 afterwards,
I've been an UNIX System Administrator for Ortho Clinical Diagnostics (Johnson & Johnson) and a Network and System Administrator for a wide hospitals
group in France. In 2017, one year prior expatriating to Latin America, I held a Linux System Engineer operator position on a wide scale Web Service
infrastructure at Orange Telecom for Altran Technologies.
You can view more details on my resume and my LinkedIn profile.
System and Programming
- Front-end: Responsive Web Design, HTML5, CSS3, Markdown and Wordpress
- Back-end: NGINX, Apache, SQL, MongoDB, InfluxDB, Redhat, Debian, Ubuntu, HP-UX, Windows Server, VMware ESXi and Docker
- Cloud: Amazon AWS, Digital Ocean, Scaleway and Gandi
- Network: WAN and LAN topologies, security
- Scripting: Linux Bash and Python
- Tools: Git, Atom and Visual Studio Code
- Keen and fast learner, I am always interested in learning something new.
- I'm a proactive, adaptive and rigorous problem solver. Autonomous, I am also an involved team player
I host live previews of my projects on my codepen.io profile
and sources on my GitHub.
Currently, I am working on a Twitterbot and a web scrapper in Go to gather, analyze and process specific datasets.
I'm also constantly improving a small logs reporting tool. It's a bash script that generates a fully responsive web page displaying
system information and logs for cloud servers and virtual machines.