Hello my name is Thomas
and I am a 10+ years experienced IT support engineer who's also now a coder Padawan/>
I resumed my coding courses on July 2019. I am now passing each of the freeCodeCamp Certifications, working toward the Full Stack Development Certification. Earlier this year, and the last, I resumed courses on Google's Go (Golang) programming language of which I've grown very fond. So I'll be working on Go trainings in parallel as well. Also, I fully comitted to the #100DaysOfCode challenge, and I talk about it on a daily basis on my Twitter profile, loging my progresses and experience all along the way of my journey into self teaching programming.
I attend this journey aiming to build a solid foundation to become a competent software developer, with the same professionalism and rigour I applied throughout my whole career as an IT support engineer. This particularity grants me with a broader vision on development through 10+ years of knowledge and working experience in network infrastructure and security, high availability systems and cluster environments, as well as users and business owners understanding and assessment of requisites and support.
Work Experiences & Trainings
2018 - 2019
- IT Support Engineer Freelance at upwork,
⤷ October 2019: Multiple Remote Virtualized Desktops Environments for Marketing project completed for ADVEROPIA KFT.
⤷ October 2019: Windows Server 2019 DC Remote Desktops setup & configuration in AWS EC2 for Future Co. Ltd.
- Docker Administration and Advanced Administration trainings, completed on Alphorm.
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate 2018 training, completed on Udemy with acloud.guru.
- Currently self teaching Web Development on freeCodeCamp.org and Google Go on Udemy.
- Linux System Engineer at Orange Telecom for Altran Technologies.
- Network and System Administrator at FVDP/GHSV Group.
- UNIX System Administrator at Ortho Clinical Diagnostics.
- EMEA IT Asset Manager at Steelcase Inc.
- Network and System Technician at Ready Business Systems, Caisse d'Epargne France...
2015 - 2016
2008 - 2013
2005 - 2007
System and Programming
- Front-end: HTML5 and CSS3, Markdown, Wordpress, GitHub Pages, HTTP protocol and HTTPS-HSTS
- Back-end: NGINX, Apache 2, Microsoft IIS, FTP(s/es), MySQL, MariaDB, MongoDB, InfluxDB, GNU/Linux Redhat, Debian and Ubuntu,
UNIX HP UX, Windows Server, VMware ESXi and Docker
- Cloud providers: Amazon AWS, DigitalOcean and Gandi
- Networks: Cisco and Fortinet gateways / firewalls, WAN, LAN and VLAN
- Monitoring: SNMP, Telegraf, Nagios, Munin and IP Monitor
- Scripting: Linux BASH, Python and Windows Batch
- Tools: Git, Atom and Visual Studio Code
- Keen and fast learner, I am always interested in learning something new
- Problem solver
- Autonomous and involved team player
Some of My Projects
Full Technical Documentation Website. This project is a part of freeCodeCamp Responsive Web Design Certification.
Bash script generating a fully responsive HTML page with CSS containing useful system information, AWS or DigitalOcean cloud instances metadata, Auth and HTTP logs parsed with colors. Demo video.
One of my first personal project in Python, writing scripts for an I2C LCD screen to: display information dynamically, stop the scripts gracefully before cleaning the screen and turning it off, be controlable through a Telegram bot.
Collection of Python scripts to gather data from various serial RS232 connexions and process it. For instance, send the data in a MongoDB database, or request data from different sources over USB or Bluetooth serial ports and send it to cloud messaging services.
Diplomas & Certificates
freeCodeCamp Responsive Web Design Certificate
Associate of Science in Telecommunications Technology and Computer Networks
Cisco CCNA 2 Certificate
Cisco CCNA 1 Certificate
Cisco ITE 1 Certificate